Section 927.71 | Quarantine of nursery stock.
(A) The director of agriculture, in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, may quarantine:
(1) This state or any portion thereof when the director determines that such action is necessary to prevent or retard the spread of a pest into, within, or from this state;
(2) Any other state or portion thereof when the director determines that a pest exists therein and that such action is necessary to prevent or retard its spread into this state.
(B) The director may limit the application of a quarantine to the infested portions of the quarantined area and appropriate environs, to be known as the regulated area, and may, without further hearing, extend the regulated area to include additional portions of the quarantined area either:
(1) Upon publication of a notice to that effect in such newspapers in the quarantined area as the director may select;
(2) Upon written notice to those concerned.
(C) Following establishment of a quarantine, no person shall move any regulated article described in the quarantine, or move the pest against which the quarantine is established, within, from, into, or through this state contrary to rules adopted by the director without prior permission or order of the director.
(D) A rule may restrict the movement of a pest and any regulated article from the quarantined or regulated area in this state into or through other parts of this state or other states and from the quarantine or regulated area in other states into or through this state and may impose such inspection, disinfection, certification, permit, or other requirements as the director determines necessary to effectuate the purpose of sections 927.51 to 927.73 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- July 17, 2009 – House Bill 1, 128th General Assembly [ View July 17, 2009 Version ]