Section 936.02 | Establishment; members.
(A) The director of agriculture shall establish a propane council and adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code necessary to implement this chapter.
(B) The director shall appoint the following members to the council in accordance with this section and rules adopted under it:
(1) Two multi-state propane gas retailers;
(2) Two intrastate propane gas retailers;
(3) One cooperative propane gas retailer;
(4) One wholesale propane gas wholesale distributor;
(5) One propane gas equipment dealer;
The director of agriculture or the director's designee and the state fire marshal or the fire marshal's designee also shall serve on the council.
(C) The director shall appoint members under divisions (B)(1) through (5) of this section from a list submitted by a qualified statewide propane association. The director shall not appoint a person as a member of the council unless the person is at least twenty-five years old and has at least five years of active experience in the propane gas industry.
(D) Not later than ninety days after the effective date of this section, the director shall make initial appointments to the council. Members shall serve three-year staggered terms of office in accordance with rules adopted by the director.
Available Versions of this Section
- October 17, 2019 – Enacted by House Bill 166, 133rd General Assembly [ View October 17, 2019 Version ]