Section 956.06 | Animal rescue registration.
(A)(1) No person shall operate an animal rescue for dogs without first registering with the director of agriculture in accordance with rules adopted under section 956.03 of the Revised Code. A registration is valid for one year.
(2) A registration may be renewed. An application for renewal shall be submitted to the director at least ninety days prior to the expiration of the registration.
(3) The director shall not charge a registration fee to an animal rescue for dogs. However, if a person fails to renew a registration prior to its expiration, the director shall charge the person a late renewal fee of two hundred dollars.
(B) The director shall maintain a database of all persons that are registered to operate an animal rescue for dogs in this state.
Last updated February 14, 2023 at 2:41 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- March 13, 2013 – Senate Bill 130 - 129th General Assembly [ View March 13, 2013 Version ]
- September 28, 2018 – Amended by House Bill 506 - 132nd General Assembly [ View September 28, 2018 Version ]
- December 29, 2023 – Amended by Senate Bill 131 - 134th General Assembly [ View December 29, 2023 Version ]