Section 993.08 | Riders' duties.
(A) No rider shall fail to do any of the following:
(1) Heed all written warnings and directions that require a person to meet certain conditions or to refrain from certain actions regarding an amusement ride, as determined by rule by the director of agriculture;
(2) Refrain from behaving or acting in any manner that may cause injury or contribute to injuring self or other people while occupying an amusement ride.
(B) The director, in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, shall adopt, and may amend and rescind, rules governing the types of warnings and directions required to be followed pursuant to this section. Rules adopted by the director determining the types of printed warnings and directions shall include specifications as to the character, size, and print size of such warnings and directions. At a minimum, the rules shall require the following:
(1) The warnings and directions prominently disclose the penalties imposed if a rider violates this section;
(2) The warnings and directions be based upon the standards of ASTM or the American national standards institute, or any other principles, tests, or standards of nationally recognized technical or scientific authorities that research the proper use of each amusement ride and the potential injuries that occur or are unique to each amusement ride if it is used improperly;
(3) The owner of the amusement ride display the warnings and directions in a public and conspicuous place on or near the ride.
Available Versions of this Section
- April 12, 2021 – House Bill 665 - 133rd General Assembly [ View April 12, 2021 Version ]