Rule 3333-1-13 | Fees for issuance of certificates of authorization and related activity.
(1) Institution for purposes of this rule "institution" shall have the same definition as section 1713.01 of the Revised Code.
(2) Degree for purposes of this rule "degree" refers to a recognition or award for completion of a prescribed course of study at an institution of higher education. Degree levels are designated by the customary titles of associate, bachelor, master, specialist or doctor.
(3) Program for purposes of this rule "program" means the field of specialization within the degree and may be referred to as majors, concentrations or specializations.
(1) Institutions should refer to rules 3333-1-08 and 3333-1-16 of the Administrative Code and the Ohio department of higher educations manual, titled "Guidelines and Procedures for Academic Program Review" dated August 2, 2016, for additional information;
(2) The fees set forth in and charged pursuant to this rule are for the purpose of reimbursing the Ohio department of higher education for staff time spent reviewing an institutions request for a certificate of authorization and other related activity.
(3) The chancellor may use consultants to assist in the review process for each type of review listed. The institution is responsible for any consultants fee and expenses. Such fees and expenses are in addition to the amounts listed throughout this rule.
(1) The following fees will be charged when an institution first seeks to obtain a certificate of authorization from the chancellor or when an institution with a certificate of authorization seeks to offer programs at a new degree level:
|Degree||Base Fee: charged in each instance when an institution seeks to offer its first program at each degree level||Program Review Fee for In-State institution: 50% off this fee if the review is in conjunction with the Higher Learning Commission or Specialized Accreditor||Program Review Fee for Out-of-State institution: 50% off this fee if the review is in conjunction with the Higher Learning Commission or Specialized Accreditor||Program Review Fee: additional programs at the same degree level, provided the programs are submitted at the same time|
(a) Under this rule, in conjunction with the higher learning commission/specialized accreditor is only available for non-profit institutions that have been continuously authorized by the chancellor and accredited by the higher learning commission/specialized accreditor for twenty years or more. Additionally, availability is subject to the Ohio department of higher education reaching an agreement with the higher learning commission/specialized accreditor regarding the Ohio department of higher educations participation in the review process.
(2) The following fees are charged when an institutions seeks to change its certificate of authorization in the following ways:
|Change Request||Fee||Fee for Additional Programs (if the programs are submitted at the same time)|
|Change in Degree/Program Names||No Charge||No Charge|
|Change to On-line model||$500 or $250 if completed in conjunction with higher learning commission review||$100|
|Approval to Offer Programs at New Campuses/Sites||$500 or $250 if completed in conjunction with higher learning commission review||$250|
|Curriculum Modification required when 50% or more is modified||$250||$100|
(a) In addition to other applicable fees listed in this rule, a processing fee will be assessed if the institution requests a hard copy of their amended certificate authorization.
(b) There is no fee charged for "change to an online model" if the institution holds higher learning commission "approval for distance education courses and programs."
(3) The following fees are charged for continued authorization activities:
|Progress Reports||$1,000 per report||$1,000 per report|
|Reauthorization for institutions continuously authorized by the higher learning commission for more than 20 years||$500||$1,000|
|Reauthorization for institutions continuously authorized by the higher learning commission for more than 20 years, but that have specific issues that require a more detailed review||$1,500||$2,000|
|Full Reauthorization for institutions who have undergone major institutional changes||$5,000||$7,500|
(4) The following fees will be charged for out-of-state institutions seeking approval for on-ground academic programming associated with distance education programs, including, but not limited to, student teaching, clinical practicum, or internships for credit:
|Degree||Base Fee||Program Review Fee|
(a) Fees under this division will not be charged if the out-of-state institution has been approved by the national council for state authorization reciprocity agreements (NC-SARA).
(5) The following fee will be charged to for-profit institutions who intend to engage in advertising and/or recruitment activities in the state of Ohio for instruction at or above the baccalaureate level:
(a) One thousand dollars per program
(b) Fees under this rule will not be charged if the for-profit institution has been approved by NC-SARA.
(6) The following fees will be charged when an institution seeks approval of educator preparation programs the lead to Ohio licensure or endorsement:
|Activity||Fee||Fee for Additional Programs within the Same Subject Area||Fee for the Same Program at Different Levels|
|New or Continuing Program Leading to Ohio Educator License||$1,000||$500||$500|
|New or Continuing Program Leading Ohio Educator Endorsement||$500||$250||N/A|
|Continuing Program Leading to Ohio Educator License or Endorsement Holding National Specialized Professional Association (SPA) Recognition Without Conditions||$200||$100||N/A|
|Continuing Program Leading to Ohio Educator License or Endorsement via the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Review with Feedback Process as Part of Unit Accreditation Site Visit||$0||$0||$0|
|Ohio Department of Higher Education Staff Members Present During Education Accrediting Agency Review||$750/per person/per day||N/A||N/A|
|State Continuing Program Audit||$750/per person/per day||N/A||N/A|
|Change Request: Curriculum Modification to a Continuing Program Leading to Ohio Educator Licensure or Endorsement||$250||$250||N/A|
|Change Request: Add Delivery Sites to a Continuing Program Leading to Ohio Educator Licensure or Endorsement||$500||$250||$250|
|Change Request: Delivery Mode, e.g. traditional, online, or hybrid, of a Continuing Program Leading to Ohio Educator Licensure or Endorsement||$500||$100||$100|
|Change Request: Place Continuing Program Leading to Ohio Educator Licensure or Endorsement into Dormancy||$0||$0||$0|