Rule 3701-25-03 | Plans; approval and content.
The health commissioner, upon request of the person submitting the plans and specifications for approval, may waive submission of any of the items required by this paragraph if it is determined that they are not necessary to review the plans effectively. The health commissioner may request additional information and may return incomplete plans to the applicant without review. The plans shall be acted upon within thirty days after the date of receipt of the information required of this rule.
(A) Plans shall be submitted for:
(1) Initial approvals;
(2) Substantial alterations; or
(3) When deemed necessary by the health commissioner.
(B) The plans and specifications shall be submitted in duplicate and shall show:
(1) The name, address, and telephone number of the proposed facility owner, camp operator and a person to contact with regard to the plans, and a letter of transmittal from the person requesting the review;
(2) A site plan showing the general layout of the entire camp;
(3) Entrance and exit roads, access roads, and trails;
(4) Camp buildings and service buildings and other proposed structures;
(5) The area, dimensions, and elevations of the tract of land;
(6) Method of storage, collection, and disposal of solid wastes;
(7) Swimming facilities, including swimming pools and other bathing places;
(8) The location and details of the lighting and electrical systems, if applicable;
(9) Details and specifications of the water system or EPA approval notification or proof of a PWS, if applicable;
(10) Details and specifications of the gray water recycling system;
(11) Design and design plans for drainage of surface and storm waters or EPA approval notification, if applicable; and
(12) Details and specifications of the sewage collection and treatment system or EPA approval notification, if applicable.
(C) The plans shall meet the requirements of paragraph (B) of this rule and shall be accompanied by all of the following documents:
(1) Written verification from the local zoning authority that the land use has been zoned and approved for the development of a camp;
(2) Written verification that all proposed buildings in the camp meet applicable state or local building requirements;
(3) Written verification by the fire protection authority, or authorities, that have jurisdiction in the area that the camp has adequate fire protection;
(4) Written verification by the municipal corporation or board of county commissioners for unincorporated areas that the proposed new construction or substantial alteration to a camp will be made in accordance with the municipal or county flood plain ordinances or resolutions and local flood plain requirements; and
(5) Written verification that the plans for the sewerage system and the water supply system have been approved by the Ohio environmental protection agency or the local health district depending on which entity has jurisdiction.
(D) Except as otherwise provided in this rule, a plan approval issued for a camp shall be valid for three years after the date on which the approval was issued.
(1) One extension may be granted for an unspecified period of time, or until the rules in effect at the time of the approval are revised, if it is found that the applicant for plan approval has made a good faith effort to complete the construction or substantial alteration of the camp, but has failed to complete it for reasons beyond the applicant's control.
(2) A request for an extension shall be filed in writing before the expiration of the initial three-year period.
(3) If the construction or substantial alteration has not been completed within the three-year period, or within the limit of any extension granted under this paragraph, the plans shall be resubmitted in accordance with this rule.
(E) The plans may be disapproved for either of the following reasons:
(1) The applicant for plan approval fails to comply with any rule of Chapter 3701-25 of the Administrative Code; or
(2) The proposed construction or substantial alteration fails to comply with any rule of Chapter 3701-25 of the Administrative Code.
(F) Plan disapprovals may be appealed to the board of health in accordance with fair hearing procedures adopted by the board of health.
Last updated September 16, 2021 at 1:34 PM