Rule 3745-40-05 | Notice and necessary information requirements for biosolids.
(A) Notice and necessary information requirements for permittees. A permittee shall provide the initial person who receives class B or bulk exceptional quality biosolids information including, but not limited to all of the following:
(1) The name, address, telephone number and NPDES permit number of the permittee.
(2) The following statement: "The material you are receiving is or contains class B or exceptional quality (EQ) [select one option] biosolids that have been treated to meet the requirements in Chapter 3745-40 of the Administrative Code."
(3) The concentration of total Kjeldahl nitrogen, ammonia nitrogen, total phosphorus and total potassium of the biosolids in milligrams per kilogram, dry weight basis.
(4) The concentration of pollutants, as identified in paragraph (D) of rule 3745-40-04 of the Administrative Code in milligrams per kilogram, dry weight basis.
(5) The pathogen reduction alternative, as identified in paragraph (B) of rule 3745-40-04 of the Administrative Code, and the vector attraction reduction option, as identified in paragraph (C) of rule 3745-40-04 of the Administrative Code, that has been satisfied.
(6) A statement that the biosolids shall be further treated, stored, transferred, disposed of or beneficially used in accordance with this chapter.
(B) Notice and necessary information requirements for beneficial users. Any person who beneficially uses class B or bulk exceptional quality biosolids shall provide the beneficial use site operator a crop-year report for each beneficial use site. In the event that more than one type of feed crop, fiber crop, food crop or pasture is grown on a single beneficial use site where multiple beneficial use rates are used, a crop year report shall be submitted for each separate crop area. At a minimum, the crop-year report shall include all of the following information:
"On [fill in the date or dates biosolids were beneficially used on the beneficial use site], biosolids from [fill in name of treatment works], Ohio environmental protection agency permit [fill in NPDES permit number], were beneficially used on [fill in Ohio environmental protection agency number for the beneficial use site for class B biosolids, or street address or latitude and longitude of the beneficial use site for bulk exceptional quality biosolids] located in [fill in township and county where beneficial use occurred]. Biosolids are a by-product of wastewater treatment:
(1) An analysis of the biosolids showed the following concentrations [provide concentration in per cent or milligrams per kilogram, dry weight basis]:
(a) Kjeldahl nitrogen.
(b) Ammonia nitrogen.
(c) Total phosphorous.
(d) Total potassium.
(2) The beneficial use rates where [provide application rate in pounds per acre or kilograms per hectare, dry weight basis]:
(a) Available nitrogen.
The above information is supplied as a requirement of the Ohio environmental protection agency, division of surface water, which can be reached at 1-877-644-2001."
(C) In order to protect public health or the environment, the director or an authorized representative may require any person who distributes biosolids or material containing biosolids to provide the initial person receiving the biosolids or material containing biosolids with additional information concerning the contents of the biosolids.