Rule 3745-66-10 | ClosureApplicability- closure and post-closure.
Except as rule 3745-65-01 of the Administrative Code provides otherwise:
(1) All hazardous waste disposal facilities;
(2) Waste piles and surface impoundments for which the owner or operator intends to remove the wastes at closure to the extent that these rules are made applicable to such facilities in rule 3745-67-28 or 3745-67-58 of the Administrative Code;
(3) Tank systems that are required under rule 3745-66-97 of the Administrative Code to meet requirements for landfills; and
(4) Containment buildings that are required under rule 3745-256-102 of the Administrative Code to meet the requirements for landfills.
(C) Rule 3745-66-21 of the Administrative Code applies to owners and operators of units that are subject to the requirements of paragraph (G) of rule 3745-50-45 of the Administrative Code and are regulated under an enforceable document as defined in paragraph (G) of rule 3745-50-45 of the Administrative Code.
(D) The director may replace all or part of the requirements of rules 3745-66-10 to 3745-66-21 of the Administrative Code [and the unit-specific standards in paragraph (C) of rule 3745-66-11 of the Administrative Code that apply to a regulated unit (as defined in rule 3745-54-90 of the Administrative Code), with alternative requirements for closure set out in an approved closure or post-closure plan or in an enforceable document [as defined in paragraph (G) of rule 3745-50-45 of the Administrative Code] where the director determines that:
(1) A regulated unit is situated among waste management units (or areas of concern), a release has occurred, and both the regulated unit and one or more waste management unit(s) (or areas of concern) are likely to have contributed to the release; and
(2) It is not necessary to apply the requirements of rules 3745-66-10 to 3745-66-21 of the Administrative Code (and/or those referenced in this rule) because the alternative requirements will protect human health and the environment, and will satisfy the closure performance standard of paragraphs (A) and (B) of rule 3745-66-11 of the Administrative Code.