Rule 3796:6-3-13 | Review of dispensing errors.
(A) A dispensary designated representative shall notify all dispensary employees that the discovery or reporting of a dispensing error shall be relayed immediately to a dispensary designated representative.
(B) The dispensary designated representative shall report an error in dispensing to the state board of pharmacy, in a manner determined by the board, within forty-eight hours of learning of such error.
(C) A dispensary designated representative shall ensure that a quality assurance review for each dispensing error is completed and that such review is commenced as soon as is reasonably possible, but no later than two business days from the date the dispensing error is discovered.
(D) A dispensary shall create a record of every quality assurance review. This record must contain, but is not limited to, the following:
(1) The date or dates of the quality assurance review;
(2) The pertinent data and other information relating to the dispensing error reviewed;
(3) Documentation of contact with the qualifying patient, caregiver where applicable, and the recommending physician;
(4) The findings and determinations generated by the quality assurance review; and
(5) Recommended changes to dispensary policy, procedure, systems or processes if any.
Last updated July 11, 2022 at 1:29 PM