Rule 3796:6-3-15 | Dispensary patient and caregiver educational materials.
(A) Each dispensary shall develop and maintain a policy regarding patient and caregiver education and support.
(B) A patient and caregiver education and support policy shall include:
(1) Updated information about the purported effectiveness of various forms and methods of medical marijuana administration;
(2) Updated information about the purported effectiveness of strains of medical marijuana for specific conditions;
(3) Information regarding the signs and symptoms of substance abuse, including tolerance, dependency, and withdrawal;
(4) Whether possession of medical marijuana is illegal under federal law;
(5) Information about possible side effects and contraindications for medical marijuana including possible impairment with use and operation of a motor vehicle or heavy machinery, when caring for children, or of job performance;
(6) Guidelines for contacting the recommending physician if side effects or contraindications occur;
(7) A warning that smoking of medical marijuana is not permitted per Ohio law;
(8) Information on drug-to-drug interactions, including interactions with alcohol, prescription drugs, non-prescription drugs, and supplements; and
(9) Offer any other appropriate patient education or support materials.
(C) A dispensary shall make available information to patients and caregivers regarding the possession and use of marijuana. All such information shall be submitted to the state board of pharmacy for approval prior to being provided to qualifying patients and caregivers and shall include:
(1) Limitations on the right to possess and use marijuana pursuant to Chapter 3796. of the Revised Code;
(2) Safe techniques for the proper use of medical marijuana and medical marijuana paraphernalia;
(3) Prohibition against and dangers associated with medical marijuana extractions;
(4) Alternative methods and forms of consumption or inhalation by which one can use medical marijuana;
(5) Instruction for patients and caregivers with medical marijuana-related inquiries or reports of adverse reactions to the toll-free telephone line established by the state board of pharmacy in accordance with section 3796.17 of the Revised Code;
(6) Signs and symptoms of substance abuse; and
(7) Opportunities to participate in substance abuse programs.
(D) No dispensary shall include in its education policy, instruction for patients or caregivers to cut or otherwise partition medical marijuana patches as appropriate preparation for transdermal administration.
(E) A dispensary shall make publicly available the price of all medical marijuana products offered by the dispensary to prospective qualifying patients and caregivers. Such disclosure may include posting information on the dispensary internet website.
(F) A dispensary shall post a sign directing patients and caregivers with medical marijuana-related inquiries or reports of adverse reactions to the toll-free telephone line established by the state board of pharmacy in accordance with section 3796.17 of the Revised Code. Such sign shall be clearly visible and unobstructed.