Section 3796.20 | Dispensary license.
(A) Notwithstanding any conflicting provision of the Revised Code, the holder of a current, valid retail dispensary license issued under this chapter may do both of the following:
(1) Obtain medical marijuana from one or more processors;
(2) Dispense or sell medical marijuana in accordance with division (B) of this section.
(B) When dispensing or selling medical marijuana, a licensed retail dispensary shall do all of the following:
(1) Dispense or sell only upon a showing of a current, valid identification card and in accordance with a written recommendation issued by a physician in accordance with an holding a certificate to recommend issued by the state medical board under section 4731.30 of the Revised Code;
(2) Report to the drug database the information required by section 4729.771 of the Revised Code;
(3) Label the package containing medical marijuana with the following information:
(a) The name and address of the licensed processor and retail dispensary;
(b) The name of the patient and caregiver, if any;
(c) The name of the physician who recommended treatment with medical marijuana;
(d) The directions for use, if any, as recommended by the physician;
(e) The date on which the medical marijuana was dispensed;
(f) The quantity, strength, kind, or form of medical marijuana contained in the package.
(C) When operating a licensed retail dispensary, both of the following apply:
(1) A dispensary shall use only employees who have met the training requirements established in rules adopted under section 3796.04 of the Revised Code.
(2) A dispensary shall not make public any information it collects that identifies or would tend to identify any specific patient.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 8, 2016 – House Bill 523, 131st General Assembly [ View September 8, 2016 Version ]