Rule 4101:9-2-02 | Prohibited occupations for minors under sixteen years of age.
Fourteen- and fifteen-year-old minors may be employed in any occupation, except the excluded occupations listed in this rule:
Fourteen- and fifteen-year-old minors may not be employed in:
(A) Any manufacturing occupation.
(B) Any mining occupation.
(C) Processing occupations, such as filleting of fish, dressing poultry, cracking nuts, or laundering as performed by commercial laundries and dry cleaners (except in a retail, food service, or gasoline service establishment in those specific occupations expressly permitted therein, in accordance with the foregoing list).
(D) Occupations requiring the performance of any duties in workrooms or workplaces where goods are manufactured, mined, or otherwise processed.
(E) Public messenger services.
(F) Operation or tending of hoisting apparatus or of any power-driven machinery (other than office machines and machines in retail, food service, and gasoline service establishments that are not prohibited by other rules).
(G) Any occupation found and declared to be hazardous.
(H) Occupations in connection with:
(1) Transportation of persons or property by rail, highway, air, on water, pipeline, or other means.
(2) Warehousing and storage.
(3) Communications and public utilities.
(4) Construction (including repair).
Except office or sales work in connection with paragraphs (H)(1) to (H)(4) of this rule when not performed on transportation media or at the actual construction site.
(I) Any of the following occupations in a retail, food service, or gasoline service establishment:
(1) Work performed in or about boiler or engine rooms.
(2) Work in connection with maintenance or repair of the establishment, machines, or equipment.
(3) Outside window washing that involves working from window sills and all work requiring the use of ladders, scaffolds, or their substitutes.
(4) Cooking (except at soda fountains, lunch counters, snack bars, or cafeteria serving counters) and baking.
(5) Occupations that involve operating, setting up, adjusting, cleaning, oiling, or repairing power-driven food slicers and grinders, food choppers and cutters, and bakery-type mixers.
(6) Work in freezers and meat coolers and all work in preparation of meats for sale (except wrapping, sealing, labeling, weighing, pricing, and stocking when performed in other areas).
(7) Loading and unloading goods to and from trucks, railroad cars, or conveyors.
(8) All occupations in warehouses, except office and clerical work.
(9) Work in connection with cars and trucks involving the use of pits, racks, or lifting apparatus or involving the inflation of any tire mounted on a rim equipped with a removable retaining ring.