Rule 4121-1-01 | Notice procedure for the adoption, amendment or rescission of rules.
The procedure of the commission for giving public notice for the adoption, amendment, or rescission of any rule pursuant to section 119.03 of the Revised Code shall be as follows.
(A) The commission shall give public notice at least thirty days prior to the date set for the public hearing by publishing such notice in the register of Ohio. Such notice shall include:
(1) A statement of the commission's intention to consider the adoption, amendment, or rescission of a rule;
(2) A synopsis of each proposed rule to be adopted, amended, or rescinded, or a general statement of the subject matter to which a proposed rule, amendment, or rescission relates;
(3) A statement of the reason or purpose for adopting, amending, or rescinding a rule;
(4) A statement listing the offices (with addresses) where the full and complete text of a proposed rule to be adopted, amended, or rescinded is on file for public inspection;
(5) The date, time and place of the hearing on the proposed action.
(B) In addition to the public notice provided in paragraph (A) of this rule notice of the commission's intent to consider adoption, amendment or rescission of any rule pursuant to section 119.03 of the Revised Code shall be published at the commission's website.
(C) The commission shall furnish the public notice required under section 119.03 of the Revised Code and as described in paragraph (A) of this rule to any person who requests it and pays a reasonable fee, not to exceed the cost of copying and mailing.
Last updated December 20, 2022 at 11:36 AM
Five Year Review Date:
Prior Effective Dates: 8/10/1966, 1/10/1978, 4/8/1994