Rule 4715-8-02 | Sponsors of continuing education.
The sponsor is the individual, organization or educational institution or other entity conducting the professional education course. Sponsors shall be as follows:
(A) An organization, school or other agency as set forth in division (B) of section 4715.141 and division (C) of section 4715.25 of the Revised Code whose continuing education courses comply with rule 4715-8-01 of the Administrative Code. Other organizations, schools, or agencies recognized as sponsors and approved by the board are:
(1) "American Dental Association," and constituent and component dental associations and societies affiliated with the "American Dental Association."
(2) "National Dental Association," and constituent and component dental associations and societies affiliated with the "National Dental Association."
(3) "American Dental Hygienists Association," and its recognized constituents, components and affiliated societies.
(4) "National Dental Hygienists' Association" and constituent and component dental hygienists' associations and societies affiliated with the "National Dental Hygienists' Association."
(5) National, state, district or local dental specialty organizations affiliated with the "American Dental Association."
(6) "Academy of General Dentistry" and its constituent and component organizations.
(7) Universities, colleges and community colleges with accredited programs in dentistry or dental hygiene.
(8) Colleges and universities accredited by an accrediting agency approved by the United States department of education.
(9) Healthcare organizations and institutions accredited by the "Joint Commission (JC)."
(10) Other accredited or nationally recognized healthcare organizations (e.g. American heart association, American red cross, American safety and health institute).
(11) "American Dental Associations Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP)" - providers of continuing education that have comleted the application review process by the "Commission of Continuing Education Provider Recognition (CCEPR)" and have been granted approval status and remain in good standing.
(12) "Academy of General Dentistry Program Approval for Continuing Education (AGD PACE)" - providers of continuing education that have completed the application and review process by the "AGD PACE Council" and have been granted approval status and remain in good standing.
(13) Study clubs, dental-related organizations, schools, agencies, araprofessional groups, and other organizations who partner with or co-sponsor continuing educaion courses and programs with any sponsor listed in paragraphs (A)(1) to (A)(12) of this rule.
(B) Biennial sponsor - Individuals, trade corporations, institutions, study clubs, dental research clinics, and nondental-related entities or groups that have applied and been approved by the board as sponsors for the current biennium. Sponsor approval shall be based upon the criteria identified in rule 4715-8-03 of the Administrative Code. Approval as a biennial sponsor automatically expires at the end of the biennium. Biennial sponsors will no longer be recognized by the board as sponsors after December 31, 2021.
Last updated April 19, 2022 at 8:39 AM