Section 4715.53 | License qualifications.
(A) Each individual seeking a certificate to practice as a dental x-ray machine operator shall apply to the state dental board on a form the board shall prescribe and provide. The application shall be accompanied by an application fee of thirty-two dollars.
(B) The board shall review all applications received and issue a dental x-ray machine operator certificate to each applicant who submits evidence satisfactory to the board of one of the following:
(1) The applicant holds certification from the dental assisting national board, the Ohio commission on dental assistant certification, or the American medical technologists.
(2) The applicant holds a license, certificate, permit, registration, or other credential issued by another state that the board determines uses standards for dental x-ray machine operators that are at least equal to those established under this chapter.
(3) The applicant has successfully completed an educational program consisting of at least seven hours of instruction in dental x-ray machine operation that meets either of the following requirements:
(a) Has been approved by the board in accordance with section 4715.57 of the Revised Code;
(b) Is conducted by an institution accredited by the American dental association commission on dental accreditation.
(C) A certificate issued under this section expires two years after it is issued and may be renewed if the certificate holder does both of the following:
(1) Certifies to the board that the certificate holder has completed at least two hours of instruction in dental x-ray machine operation approved by the board in accordance with section 4715.57 of the Revised Code during the two-year period preceding the date the renewal application is received by the board.
(2) Submits a renewal fee of thirty-two dollars to the board.
Renewals shall be made in accordance with the standard renewal procedure established under Chapter 4745. of the Revised Code.
Last updated February 28, 2023 at 2:10 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- May 12, 2006 – House Bill 143 - 126th General Assembly [ View May 12, 2006 Version ]
- September 29, 2017 – Amended by House Bill 49 - 132nd General Assembly [ View September 29, 2017 Version ]
- March 23, 2022 – Amended by Senate Bill 166 - 134th General Assembly [ View March 23, 2022 Version ]
- December 29, 2023 – Amended by Senate Bill 131 - 134th General Assembly [ View December 29, 2023 Version ]