Section 4715.56 | Dentist supervision of radiologic procedures.
(A) Except as provided in division (B) of this section, a dental x-ray machine operator may perform radiologic procedures only if a dentist is providing direct supervision. Direct supervision does not require the dentist to observe each radiologic procedure performed by the operator, but does require that the dentist be present at the location where the operator is performing radiologic procedures for purposes of consulting with and directing the operator while performing the procedures.
(B) A dental x-ray machine operator may perform radiologic procedures for a patient when the supervising dentist is not physically present at the location where the radiologic procedures are performed if either of the following applies:
(1) The supervising dentist examined the patient not more than one year prior to the date the dental x-ray machine operator performs the radiologic procedures and the supervising dentist has ordered the radiologic procedures.
(2) The radiologic procedures are performed in accordance with section 4715.431 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- October 20, 1994 – Senate Bill 191 - 120th General Assembly [ View October 20, 1994 Version ]
- March 23, 2015 – House Bill 463 - 130th General Assembly [ View March 23, 2015 Version ]
- March 20, 2019 – Amended by Senate Bill 259 - 132nd General Assembly [ View March 20, 2019 Version ]