Rule 4731-17-01 | Definitions.
For purposes of this chapter of the Administrative Code:
(A) "Licensee" means any person holding or practicing pursuant to a certificate issued by the board under Chapter 4730., 4731., 4760., 4761., 4762., or 4774. of the Revised Code.
(B) "Invasive procedure" means any of the following:
(1) Surgical or procedural entry into tissues, cavities, or organs or repair of major traumatic injuries associated with any of the following: an operating or delivery room, emergency department, or outpatient setting, including physicians' offices; cardiac catheterization and angiographic procedures; a vaginal or cesarean delivery or other invasive obstetric procedure during which bleeding may occur; or the manipulation, cutting, or removal of any oral or perioral tissues, including tooth structure, during which bleeding occurs or the potential for bleeding exists.
(2) Any entry into the hair follicle using an electric modality for the purpose of hair removal.
(3) The practice of acupuncture as defined in section 4762.01 of the Revised Code.
(4) The performance of fluoroscopic procedures pursuant to section 4774.08 of the Revised Code.
(5) The performance of cosmetic procedures, such as the injection of botulinum toxin, dermal fillers, permanent makeup at a location that is not licensed under the rules in Chapter 3701-9 of the Administrative Code, laser hair removal, and hair replacement procedures.
(6) The performance of respiratory care procedures involving blood and gas sampling, administering medical gases, aerosols and medications, performing aspiration, and the use of artificial airways, ventilators and other life support equipment.
(C) "FDA" means the United States food and drug administration.
(D) "EPA" means the United States environmental protection agency.
Last updated June 1, 2021 at 8:52 AM