Section 4774.08 | Supervision of radiologist required - permitted procedures.
(A) A radiologist assistant shall practice only under the supervision of a radiologist acting in accordance with section 4774.10 of the Revised Code. Under this supervision and subject to division (B) of this section, a radiologist assistant may do all of the following:
(1) Perform fluoroscopic procedures;
(2) Assess and evaluate the physiologic and psychological responsiveness of patients undergoing radiologic procedures;
(3) Evaluate image quality, make initial image observations, and communicate observations to the supervising radiologist;
(4) Administer contrast media, radio-isotopes, and other drugs prescribed by the supervising radiologist that are directly related to the radiologic procedures being performed;
(5) Perform any other radiologic procedures specified by the state medical board in rules adopted under section 4774.11 of the Revised Code.
(B) A radiologist assistant shall not do any of the following:
(1) Interpret radiologic images;
(2) Make diagnoses;
(3) Prescribe therapies;
(4) Administer or participate in the administration of general anesthesia, deep sedation, moderate sedation, or minimal sedation.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 11, 2008 – Senate Bill 229 - 127th General Assembly [ View September 11, 2008 Version ]