Section 103.412 | JMOC powers.
(A) JMOC shall oversee the medicaid program on a continuing basis. As part of its oversight, JMOC shall do all of the following:
(1) Review how the medicaid program relates to the public and private provision of health care coverage in this state and the United States;
(2) Review the reforms implemented under section 5162.70 of the Revised Code and evaluate the reforms' successes in achieving their objectives;
(3) Recommend policies and strategies to encourage both of the following:
(a) Medicaid recipients being physically and mentally able to join and stay in the workforce and ultimately becoming self-sufficient;
(b) Less use of the medicaid program.
(4) Recommend, to the extent JMOC determines appropriate, improvements in statutes and rules concerning the medicaid program;
(5) Develop a plan of action for the future of the medicaid program;
(6) Receive and consider reports submitted by local healthier buckeye councils under section 355.04 of the Revised Code.
(B) JMOC may do all of the following:
(1) Plan, advertise, organize, and conduct forums, conferences, and other meetings at which representatives of state agencies and other individuals having expertise in the medicaid program may participate to increase knowledge and understanding of, and to develop and propose improvements in, the medicaid program;
(2) Prepare and issue reports on the medicaid program;
(3) Solicit written comments on, and conduct public hearings at which persons may offer verbal comments on, drafts of its reports.