Section 121.402 | Educational program for volunteers having unsupervised access to children.
(A) The Ohio commission on service and volunteerism shall establish and maintain an educational program that does all of the following:
(1) Makes available to parents and guardians of children notice about the provisions of sections 109.574 to 109.577, section 121.401, and section 121.402 of the Revised Code and information about how to keep children safe when they are under the care, custody, or control of a person other than the parent or guardian;
(2) Makes available to organizations and entities information regarding the best methods of screening and supervising volunteers, how to obtain a criminal records check of a volunteer, confidentiality issues relating to reports of criminal records checks, and record keeping regarding the reports;
(3) Makes available to volunteers information regarding the possibility of being subjected to a criminal records check and displaying appropriate behavior to minors;
(4) Makes available to children advice on personal safety and information on what action to take if someone takes inappropriate action towards a child.
(B) The program shall begin making the materials described in this section available not later than March 22, 2002.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2011 – House Bill 153, 129th General Assembly [ View September 29, 2011 Version ]