Section 121.403 | Powers of commission - gifts and donations fund - use of moneys.
(A) The Ohio commission on service and volunteerism may do any of the following:
(1) Accept monetary gifts or donations;
(2) Sponsor conferences, meetings, or events in furtherance of the commission's purpose described in section 121.40 of the Revised Code and charge fees for participation or involvement in the conferences, meetings, or events;
(3) Sell promotional items in furtherance of the commission's purpose described in section 121.40 of the Revised Code.
(B) All monetary gifts and donations, funds from the sale of promotional items, contributions received from the issuance of Ohio "volunteer" license plates pursuant to section 4503.93 of the Revised Code, and any fees paid to the commission for conferences, meetings, or events sponsored by the commission shall be deposited into the Ohio commission on service and volunteerism gifts and donations fund, which is hereby created in the state treasury. Moneys in the fund may be used only as follows:
(1) To pay operating expenses of the commission, including payroll, personal services, maintenance, equipment, and subsidy payments;
(2) To support commission programs promoting volunteerism and community service in the state;
(3) As matching funds for federal grants.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2011 – House Bill 153 - 129th General Assembly [ View September 29, 2011 Version ]