Section 121.66 | Exceptions.
(1) Appearances at public hearings of the committees of the general assembly, at court proceedings, at rule-making or adjudication proceedings, or at other public meetings;
(2) News, editorial, and advertising statements published in bona fide newspapers, journals, or magazines, or broadcast over radio or television;
(3) The gathering and furnishing of information and news by bona fide reporters, correspondents, or news bureaus to news media described in division (A)(2) of this section;
(4) Publications primarily designed for and distributed to members of bona fide associations or charitable or fraternal nonprofit corporations.
(B) Nothing in sections 121.60 to 121.69 of the Revised Code requires the reporting of, or prohibits an elected executive official from soliciting or accepting, a contribution from or an expenditure by any person if the contribution or expenditure is reported in accordance with Chapter 3517. of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- April 10, 1991 – House Bill 174, 118th General Assembly [ View April 10, 1991 Version ]