Section 125.02 | Authority to purchase supplies and services - rules.
(A) The department of administrative services shall establish contracts for supplies and services, including telephone, other telecommunications, and computer services, for the use of state agencies, and may establish such contracts for the use of any political subdivision as described in division (B) of section 125.04 of the Revised Code, except for the following:
(1) The adjutant general for military supplies and services;
(2) The general assembly;
(3) The judicial branch;
(4) State institutions of higher education;
(5) State elected officials as set forth in section 125.041 of the Revised Code;
(6) The capitol square review and advisory board.
The entities set forth in divisions (A)(l) to (6) of this section may request the department of administrative services' assistance in the procurement of supplies and services for their respective offices and, upon the department's approval, may participate in contracts awarded by the department.
(B) For purchases under division (C) of section 125.05 of the Revised Code, the department shall grant a state agency a release and permit to make the purchase if the department determines that it is not possible or advantageous for the department to make a purchase.
(C) Upon request, the department may grant a blanket release and permit to a state agency for specific purchases. The department may grant the blanket release and permit for a fiscal year or for a biennium as determined by the director of administrative services.
(D) The director of administrative services shall adopt rules regarding circumstances and criteria for obtaining a release and permit under this section. The director of administrative services shall prescribe uniform rules governing forms of specifications, advertisements for proposals, the opening of bids, the making of awards and contracts, and the purchase of supplies and performance of work.
(E) The director may participate in cooperative purchasing with the following:
(1) The entities set forth in divisions (A)(1) to (6) of this section;
(2) One or more other states;
(3) Groups of states;
(4) The United States or any department, division, or agency of the United States;
(5) Other purchasing consortia;
(6) The department of transportation; or
(7) Any political subdivision of this state described in division (B) of section 125.04 of the Revised Code.
(F) The United States or any department, division, or agency of the United States, one or more other states, groups of states, other purchasing consortia, or any agency, commission, or authority established under an interstate compact or agreement may purchase supplies and services from contracts established by the department of administrative services.
(G) Except as provided in section 125.04 of the Revised Code, the department of administrative services shall purchase any policy of insurance, including a surety or fidelity bond, covering officers or employees of a state agency, for which the annual premium is more than one thousand dollars and which the state may procure. The department shall purchase the insurance in conformity with sections 125.04 to 125.15 of the Revised Code. As used in this division, "annual premium" means the total premium for one year for one type of insurance regardless of the number of policies.
Last updated August 4, 2021 at 10:51 AM
Available Versions of this Section
- September 23, 2008 – House Bill 562 - 127th General Assembly [ View September 23, 2008 Version ]
- September 29, 2015 – House Bill 64 - 131st General Assembly [ View September 29, 2015 Version ]
- September 30, 2021 – Amended by House Bill 110 - 134th General Assembly [ View September 30, 2021 Version ]