Section 1309.512 | Amendment of financing statement - UCC 9-512.
(A) Subject to section 1309.509 of the Revised Code, a person may add or delete collateral covered by, continue or terminate the effectiveness of, or, subject to division (E) of this section, otherwise amend the information provided in, a financing statement by filing an amendment that:
(1) Identifies, by its file number, the initial financing statement to which the amendment relates; and
(2) If the amendment relates to an initial financing statement filed in a filing office described in division (A)(1) of section 1309.501 of the Revised Code, provides the date and time that the initial financing statement was filed and the information specified in division (B) of section 1309.502 of the Revised Code.
(B) Except as otherwise provided in section 1309.515 of the Revised Code, the filing of an amendment does not extend the period of effectiveness of the financing statement.
(C) A financing statement that is amended by an amendment that adds collateral is effective as to the added collateral only from the date of the filing of the amendment.
(D) A financing statement that is amended by an amendment that adds a debtor is effective as to the added debtor only from the date of the filing of the amendment.
(E) An amendment is ineffective to the extent it:
(1) Purports to delete all debtors and fails to provide the name of a debtor to be covered by the financing statement; or
(2) Purports to delete all secured parties of record and fails to provide the name of a new secured party of record.
Available Versions of this Section
- July 1, 2001 – Senate Bill 74, 124th General Assembly [ View July 1, 2001 Version ]