Skip to main content
Back To Top Top Back To Top
The Legislative Service Commission staff updates the Revised Code on an ongoing basis, as it completes its act review of enacted legislation. Updates may be slower during some times of the year, depending on the volume of enacted legislation.

Section 1309.518 | Claim concerning inaccurate or wrongfully filed record - UCC 9-518.

You are viewing a past version of this section that is no longer in effect View Current Version

(A) A person may file in the filing office a correction statement with respect to a record indexed there under the person's name if the person believes that the record is inaccurate or was wrongfully filed.

(B) A correction statement must:

(1) Identify the record to which it relates by:

(a) The file number assigned to the initial financing statement to which the record relates; and

(b) If the correction statement relates to a record filed in a filing office described in division (A)(1) of section 1309.501 of the Revised Code, the date and time that the initial financing statement was filed and the information specified in division (B) of section 1309.502 of the Revised Code;

(2) Indicate that it is a correction statement; and

(3) Provide the basis for the person's belief that the record is inaccurate and indicate the manner in which the person believes the record should be amended to cure any inaccuracy or provide the basis for the person's belief that the record was wrongfully filed.

(C) The filing of a correction statement does not affect the effectiveness of an initial financing statement or other filed record.

Available Versions of this Section