Skip to main content
Back To Top Top Back To Top
The Legislative Service Commission staff updates the Revised Code on an ongoing basis, as it completes its act review of enacted legislation. Updates may be slower during some times of the year, depending on the volume of enacted legislation.

Section 1321.18 | Civil action to reverse, rescind, or modify division order.


In addition to any other remedy that may be available, any licensee and any person alleging to be aggrieved by an order or action of the division of financial institutions, within thirty days from the entry of the order complained of, or within sixty days of the action complained of if there is no order, may file a complaint against the superintendent of financial institutions in the court of common pleas of Franklin county. Such complaint may pray for reversal, rescission, or modification of the order or action complained of, and for such other relief as may be appropriate, and it shall allege the facts relied upon to obtain any such relief. When the complaint has been filed, summons forthwith shall be issued and shall be served upon the superintendent, either by personal service or by certified mail addressed to the superintendent's office in the department of commerce. The summons is returnable within five days from its date and in all other respects it is made as in civil actions. All allegations of the complaint shall be deemed denied without further pleading, and the court, upon application by either party, shall advance the cause and hear it without delay. Mere technical irregularities in the procedure had before the division shall be disregarded, and the burden of proof is on the complainant to show that the division, in issuing the order or in taking the action complained of, exceeded or abused its discretion. Any party to the action may summon witnesses and compel their attendance as in any criminal action, and may introduce evidence in addition to that relied upon by the division.

An action under this section is a special proceeding and may be appealed by either party pursuant to the Rules of Appellate Procedure and, to the extent not in conflict with those rules, Chapter 2505. of the Revised Code.

Last updated November 3, 2021 at 5:46 PM

Available Versions of this Section