Section 1321.691 | Employee remote work.
(A) As used in this section, "remote location" means the home of an employee or other location selected by the employee that is not a licensed place of business.
(B) Notwithstanding any provision of the Revised Code to the contrary, nothing in sections 1321.62 to 1321.702 of the Revised Code shall be construed to interfere with the ability of a licensee's employee to work from a remote location, provided the licensee does all of the following:
(1) Ensures that in-person customer interactions are conducted only at a licensed place of business;
(2) Maintains appropriate safeguards for licensee and consumer data, information, and records, including the use of secure virtual private networks where appropriate;
(3) Employs appropriate risk-based monitoring and oversight processes of work performed from a remote location and maintains records of such work;
(4) Ensures consumer information and records are not maintained at a remote location;
(5) Ensures consumer and licensee information and records remain accessible and available for regulatory oversight and exams;
(6) Provides appropriate employee training to keep all conversations about, and with, consumers conducted from a remote location confidential, as if conducted from a commercial location, and to ensure remote employees work in an environment conducive and appropriate to that confidentiality;
(7) Keeps a record of all remote locations that are being used, in the form of city, state, and type of location, and makes a list of those locations available to the superintendent upon request.
Last updated June 30, 2022 at 5:03 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- September 13, 2022 – Enacted by Senate Bill 264 - 134th General Assembly [ View September 13, 2022 Version ]