Section 133.33 | Furnishing of transcript of proceedings to purchaser.
(A) The officer having charge of the minutes of the taxing authority or other public issuer shall prepare and certify, and if requested by the original purchaser of the securities or of the fractionalized interests in its public obligations furnish to that original purchaser, a true transcript of proceedings pertaining to the securities or to the public obligations. The transcript shall include all of the following:
(1) A statement of the character of the meetings of the taxing authority or other public issuer at which the proceedings were had;
(2) The number of members present;
(3) A statement that all such proceedings were held in compliance with the law, which statement creates a conclusive presumption that the proceedings were held and taken in compliance with all laws and all legislation and rules and any charter of the taxing authority or other public issuer, including, as applicable, section 121.22 of the Revised Code and related legislation and rules of the taxing authority or other public issuer, unless an action or proceeding challenging the validity of the securities or the public obligations is commenced prior to delivery of the securities or the fractionalized interests in public obligations as provided in division (B) of section 133.02 of the Revised Code;
(4) Such other information from the records of the public issuer as is necessary to evidence or determine the regularity and validity of the authorization of the securities or public obligations, and of the issuance and sale of the securities.
(B) The fiscal officer of the subdivision shall certify and include in the transcript relating to general obligation securities a true and correct statement of the indebtedness represented by outstanding general obligation securities of the subdivision and of the tax valuation of the subdivision, and such other information as will permit a determination that the issue of securities is within any net indebtedness or other direct or indirect debt limitation imposed by the Ohio Constitution or law.
(C) No officer, or any of his deputies or subordinates, shall knowingly make or certify a false transcript or statement in respect to any of the matters set forth in this section.
Available Versions of this Section
- October 30, 1989 – House Bill 230, 118th General Assembly [ View October 30, 1989 Version ]