Section 1345.41 | Prepaid entertainment contract definitions.
(A) "Prepaid entertainment contract" means a contract under which the buyer of a service pays for or becomes obligated to pay for service prior to the buyer's receipt of or enjoyment of any or all of the service and that is a contract for:
(1) Dance studio lessons, which include related services and instruction in ballroom or other types of dancing, and lessons whether given to students individually or in groups;
(2) Social referral service, which includes any service that, for a fee, provides matching of members of the opposite sex, by any means, for purposes of introduction, dating, or general social contacts;
(3) Martial arts training, whether or not the training will lead to a specific degree of expertise;
(4) Health spa service, which includes contracts for instruction, training, or assistance in physical culture, body-building, exercising, reducing, figure development, or any other similar activity or for the use of the facilities of a health spa, gymnasium, or other facility used for any purpose described in this division, or for membership in any group, club, association, or organization formed for any purpose described in this division.
"Prepaid entertainment contracts" do not include contracts for services rendered by any public or private nonprofit school, college, or university; by the state or any of its political subdivisions; or by any nonprofit religious, ethnic, or community organization.
(B) "Purchase price" means the total cumulative price of a prepaid entertainment service, whether under single or multiple contracts, including all interest and service charges.
(C) "Business day" means any calendar day except Sunday, or a legal holiday as defined in section 1.14 of the Revised Code.
(D) "First service" means the first service rendered to the buyer under a prepaid entertainment contract that is typical of the type of service rendered throughout the course of the contract and that is not a special or an introductory service.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 22, 1976 – Senate Bill 157, 111th General Assembly [ View September 22, 1976 Version ]