Section 149.21 | Uniform Electronic Legal Material Act; Definitions; applicability.
(A) As used in sections 149.21 to 149.27 of the Revised Code:
(1) "Electronic" means relating to technology having electrical, digital, magnetic, wireless, optical, electromagnetic, or similar capabilities.
(2) "Legal material" means all of the following, whether or not in effect:
(a) The Constitution of this state;
(b) The session laws of this state;
(c) The Revised Code;
(d) State agency rules that have or had the effect of law;
(e) The final decisions of state administrative agencies.
(3) "Official publisher" includes all of the following:
(a) For the Constitution of this state, the secretary of state;
(b) For the session laws of this state, the secretary of state;
(c) For the Revised Code, the legislative service commission;
(d) For the Ohio administrative code, the legislative service commission;
(e) For a rule not published in the Ohio administrative code, the state agency adopting the rule;
(f) For the final decision of a state administrative agency, the agency making the decision.
(4) "Publish" means to display, present, or release to the public, or cause to be displayed, presented, or released to the public, by the official publisher.
(5) "Record" means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form.
(6) "State" means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
(B) Sections 149.21 to 149.27 of the Revised Code may be cited as the Uniform Electronic Legal Material Act.
(C) Sections 149.21 to 149.27 of the Revised Code apply to all legal material in an electronic record that is designated as official under section 149.22 of the Revised Code and is first published electronically on or after the effective date of this act.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 28, 2018 – Enacted by Senate Bill 139 - 132nd General Assembly [ View September 28, 2018 Version ]