Section 1706.17 | Filed records of a limited liability company to be signed.
(A) A record delivered to the secretary of state for filing pursuant to this chapter shall be signed as provided by this section.
(1) A limited liability company's initial articles of organization shall be signed by at least one person.
(2) A record signed on behalf of a limited liability company shall be signed by a person authorized by the limited liability company.
(3) A record filed on behalf of a dissolved limited liability company that has no members shall be signed by the person winding up the limited liability company's activities under division (A) of section 1706.472 of the Revised Code or a person appointed under division (B) of section 1706.472 of the Revised Code to wind up those activities.
(4) A statement of denial by a person under section 1706.20 of the Revised Code shall be signed by that person.
(5) Any other record shall be signed by the person on whose behalf the record is delivered to the secretary of state.
(B) Any record to be filed under this chapter may be signed by an agent, including an attorney-in-fact. Powers of attorney relating to the signing of the record need not be delivered to the secretary of state.
Available Versions of this Section
- April 12, 2021 – Enacted by Senate Bill 276, 133rd General Assembly [ View April 12, 2021 Version ]