Section 2151.3515 | Desertion of child definitions.
(A) "Emergency medical service organization," "emergency medical technician-basic," "emergency medical technician-intermediate," "first responder," and "paramedic" have the same meanings as in section 4765.01 of the Revised Code.
(B) "Emergency medical service worker" means a first responder, emergency medical technician-basic, emergency medical technician-intermediate, or paramedic.
(C) "Hospital" has the same meaning as in section 3727.01 of the Revised Code.
(D) "Hospital employee" means any of the following persons:
(1) A physician who has been granted privileges to practice at the hospital;
(2) A nurse, physician assistant, or nursing assistant employed by the hospital;
(3) An authorized person employed by the hospital who is acting under the direction of a physician described in division (D)(1) of this section.
(E) "Law enforcement agency" means an organization or entity made up of peace officers.
(F) "Nurse" means a person who is licensed under Chapter 4723. of the Revised Code to practice as a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse.
(G) "Nursing assistant" means a person designated by a hospital as a nurse aide or nursing assistant whose job is to aid nurses, physicians, and physician assistants in the performance of their duties.
(H) "Peace officer" means a sheriff, deputy sheriff, constable, police officer of a township or joint police district, marshal, deputy marshal, municipal police officer, or a state highway patrol trooper.
(I) "Peace officer support employee" means an authorized person employed by a law enforcement agency who is acting under the direction of a peace officer.
(J) "Physician" means an individual authorized under Chapter 4731. of the Revised Code to practice medicine and surgery, osteopathic medicine and surgery, or podiatric medicine and surgery.
(K) "Physician assistant" means an individual who holds a current, valid license to practice as a physician assistant issued under Chapter 4730. of the Revised Code.
Last updated September 20, 2023 at 2:13 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2011 – House Bill 153 - 129th General Assembly [ View September 29, 2011 Version ]
- October 15, 2015 – Senate Bill 110 - 131st General Assembly [ View October 15, 2015 Version ]
- April 6, 2017 – Amended by Senate Bill 332 - 131st General Assembly [ View April 6, 2017 Version ]
- October 3, 2023 – Amended by House Bill 33 - 135th General Assembly [ View October 3, 2023 Version ]