Section 3105.82 | Requirements of order.
An order described in section 3105.81 of the Revised Code shall meet all of the following requirements:
(A) Be on the form created under section 3105.90 of the Revised Code;
(B) Set forth the name and address of the public retirement program subject to the order or, if the court determines that the participant has contributions on deposit with more than one public retirement program, the name and address of each public retirement program that is potentially subject to the order;
(C) Set forth the names, social security numbers, and current addresses of the participant and alternate payee;
(D) Specify the amount to be paid to the alternate payee as one of the following:
(1) As both a monthly dollar amount should the participant elect a benefit and as a one-time payment should the participant elect a lump sum payment;
(2) As a percentage of a fraction determined as follows of a monthly benefit or lump sum payment:
(a) The numerator of the fraction shall be the number of years during which the participant was both a contributing member of a public retirement program and married to the alternate payee.
(b) The denominator, which shall be determined by the public retirement program at the time the participant elects to take the benefit or payment, shall be the participant's total years of service credit or, in the case of a participant in a retirement plan established under section 145.81, 3307.81, or 3309.81 or Chapter 3305. of the Revised Code, years of participation in the plan.
(E) If the participant is eligible for more than one benefit or lump sum payment, specify in accordance with division (D) of this section the amount, if any, to be paid to the alternate payee from each benefit or lump sum payment.
(F) Require an individual who is a participant or alternate payee to notify the public retirement program in writing of a change in the individual's mailing address;
(G) Notify the alternate payee of the following:
(1) The payee's right to payment under the order is conditional on the participant's right to a benefit payment or lump sum payment;
(2) The possible reduction under section 145.571, 742.462, 3307.371, 3309.671, or 5505.261 of the Revised Code of the amount paid to the alternate payee;
(3) The possible termination of the payee's rights as described in section 3105.86 of the Revised Code.
(H) Apply to payments made by the public retirement program after retention of an order under section 145.571, 742.462, 3305.21, 3307.371, 3309.671, or 5505.261 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- October 27, 2006 – House Bill 98 - 125th General Assembly [ View October 27, 2006 Version ]