Section 3107.06 | Consent to adoption.
Unless consent is not required under section 3107.07 of the Revised Code, a petition to adopt a minor may be granted only if written consent to the adoption has been executed by all of the following:
(A) The mother of the minor;
(B) The father of the minor, if any of the following apply:
(1) The minor was conceived or born while the father was married to the mother;
(2) The minor is his child by adoption;
(3) Prior to the date the petition was filed, it was determined by a court proceeding pursuant to sections 3111.01 to 3111.18 of the Revised Code, a court proceeding in another state, an administrative proceeding pursuant to sections 3111.38 to 3111.54 of the Revised Code, or an administrative proceeding in another state that he has a parent and child relationship with the minor;
(4) He acknowledged paternity of the child and that acknowledgment has become final pursuant to section 2151.232, 3111.25, or 3111.821 of the Revised Code.
(C) The putative father of the minor;
(D) Any person or agency having permanent custody of the minor or authorized by court order to consent;
(E) The minor, if more than twelve years of age, unless the court, finding that it is in the best interest of the minor, determines that the minor's consent is not required.
Available Versions of this Section
- April 7, 2009 – House Bill 7 - 127th General Assembly [ View April 7, 2009 Version ]