Section 3107.08 | Executing consent.
(A) The required consent to adoption may be executed at any time after seventy-two hours after the birth of a minor, and shall be executed in the following manner:
(1) If by the person to be adopted, in the presence of the court;
(2) If by a parent of the person to be adopted, in accordance with section 3107.081 of the Revised Code;
(3) If by an agency, by the executive head or other authorized representative, in the presence of a person authorized to take acknowledgments;
(4) If by any other person, in the presence of the court or in the presence of a person authorized to take acknowledgments;
(5) If by a juvenile court, by appropriate order.
(B) A consent which does not name or otherwise identify the prospective adoptive parent is valid if it contains a statement by the person giving consent that it was voluntarily executed irrespective of disclosure of the name or other identification of the prospective adoptive parent.
Last updated February 16, 2022 at 11:38 AM