Skip to main content
Back To Top Top Back To Top
The Legislative Service Commission staff updates the Revised Code on an ongoing basis, as it completes its act review of enacted legislation. Updates may be slower during some times of the year, depending on the volume of enacted legislation.

Section 3115.615 | Jurisdiction to modify child-support order of foreign country.


(A) Except as otherwise provided in section 3115.711 of the Revised Code, if a foreign country lacks or refuses to exercise jurisdiction to modify its child-support order pursuant to its laws, a court of this state may assume jurisdiction to modify the child-support order and bind all individuals subject to the personal jurisdiction of the court whether the consent to modification of a child-support order otherwise required of the individual pursuant to section 3115.611 of the Revised Code has been given or whether the individual seeking modification is a resident of this state or of the foreign country.

(B) An order issued by a court of this state modifying a foreign child-support order pursuant to this section is the controlling order.

Available Versions of this Section