Section 3314.0110 | Computer science and technology fund.
(A) The governing authority of any community school established under this chapter may establish a computer science and technology fund to support computer science programs and professional development related to those programs operated by the community school. The fund may consist of community school moneys that legally may be used for that purpose and that are not otherwise designated for other purposes. It also may consist of private moneys donated to the school or any future state moneys allocated to the school for that purpose. The governing authority may use any amount in the fund to leverage or match any additional private donations that may be made to the school for that purpose.
(B) Moneys in the fund may be used for any of the following:
(1) Professional development related to computer science programs;
(2) The delivery of online assessments, including instruction and data that support online assessment readiness;
(3) Wireless connectivity in school buildings;
(4) Network services, such as improving bandwidth capacity and filtering devices;
(5) The purchase of computers, tablets, and equipment.
Available Versions of this Section
- March 23, 2018 – Enacted by House Bill 170, 132nd General Assembly [ View March 23, 2018 Version ]