Section 3317.20 | Calculation of payment to county DD board.
This section does not apply to preschool children with disabilities.
(A) As used in this section:
(1) "Applicable special education amount" means the amount specified in section 3317.013 of the Revised Code for a disability described in that section.
(3) "State share percentage" means the state share percentage of the child's school district.
(B) The department shall annually pay each county board of developmental disabilities for each child with a disability, other than a preschool child with a disability, for whom the county board provides special education and related services an amount equal to the following:
(1) For fiscal years 2022 and 2023, the statewide average base cost per pupil + (state share percentage X the applicable special education multiple X the statewide average base cost per pupil);
(2) For fiscal year 2024 and each fiscal year thereafter, an amount determined by the general assembly.
(C) Each county board of developmental disabilities shall report to the department, in the manner specified by the department, the name of each child for whom the county board of developmental disabilities provides special education and related services and the child's school district.
(D)(1) For the purpose of verifying the accuracy of the payments under this section, the department may request from either of the following entities the data verification code assigned under division (D)(2) of section 3301.0714 of the Revised Code to any child who is placed with a county board of developmental disabilities:
(a) The child's school district;
(b) The independent contractor engaged to create and maintain data verification codes.
(2) Upon a request by the department under division (D)(1) of this section for the data verification code of a child, the child's school district shall submit that code to the department in the manner specified by the department. If the child has not been assigned a code, the district shall assign a code to that child and submit the code to the department by a date specified by the department. If the district does not assign a code to the child by the specified date, the department shall assign a code to the child.
The department annually shall submit to each school district the name and data verification code of each child residing in the district for whom the department has assigned a code under this division.
(3) The department shall not release any data verification code that it receives under division (D) of this section to any person except as provided by law.
(E) Any document relative to special education and related services provided by a county board of developmental disabilities that the department holds in its files that contains both a student's name or other personally identifiable information and the student's data verification code shall not be a public record under section 149.43 of the Revised Code.
Last updated August 11, 2021 at 1:24 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2013 – House Bill 59 - 130th General Assembly [ View September 29, 2013 Version ]
- October 12, 2016 – Amended by House Bill 158 - 131st General Assembly [ View October 12, 2016 Version ]
- September 30, 2021 – Amended by House Bill 110 - 134th General Assembly [ View September 30, 2021 Version ]