Section 3318.054 | Lapse of classroom facilities project due to failure of voters to approve ballot measures.
(A) If conditional approval of a city, exempted village, or local school district's project lapses as provided in section 3318.05 of the Revised Code, or if conditional approval of a joint vocational school district's project lapses as provided in division (D) of section 3318.41 of the Revised Code, because the district's electors have not approved the ballot measures necessary to generate the district's portion of the basic project cost, and if the district board desires to seek a new conditional approval of the project, the district board shall request that the Ohio facilities construction commission set the scope, basic project cost, and school district portion of the basic project cost prior to resubmitting the ballot measures to the electors. To do so, the commission shall use the district's current assessed tax valuation and the district's percentile for the prior fiscal year. For a district that has entered into an agreement under section 3318.36 of the Revised Code and desires to proceed with a project under sections 3318.01 to 3318.20 of the Revised Code, the district's portion of the basic project cost shall be the percentage specified in that agreement. The project scope and basic costs established under this division shall be valid for sixteen months from the date the commission approves them.
(B) Upon the commission's approval under division (A) of this section, the district board may submit the ballot measures to the district's electors for approval of the project based on the new project scope and estimated costs. Upon electoral approval of those measures, the district shall be given first priority for project funding as such funds become available.
(C) When the commission determines that funds are available for the district's project, the commission shall do all of the following:
(1) Determine the school district portion of the basic project cost under section 3318.032 of the Revised Code, in the case of a city, exempted village, or local school district, or under section 3318.42 of the Revised Code, in the case of a joint vocational school district;
(2) Conditionally approve the project and submit it to the controlling board for approval pursuant to section 3318.04 of the Revised Code;
(3) Encumber funds for the project under section 3318.11 of the Revised Code;
(4) Enter into an agreement with the district board under section 3318.08 of the Revised Code.
Last updated August 22, 2023 at 5:19 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2011 – House Bill 153 - 129th General Assembly [ View September 29, 2011 Version ]
- September 29, 2015 – House Bill 64 - 131st General Assembly [ View September 29, 2015 Version ]
- September 29, 2017 – Amended by House Bill 49 - 132nd General Assembly [ View September 29, 2017 Version ]
- October 3, 2023 – Amended by House Bill 33 - 135th General Assembly [ View October 3, 2023 Version ]