Section 3326.45 | STEM school may contract for provision of services.
(A) The governing body of a science, technology, engineering, and mathematics school may contract with the governing board of an educational service center or the board of education of a joint vocational school district for the provision of services to the STEM school or to any student enrolled in the school. Services provided under the contract and the amount to be paid for those services shall be mutually agreed to by the parties to the contract, and shall be specified in the contract.
(B) A contract entered into under this section may require an educational service center to provide any one or a combination of the following services to a STEM school:
(1) Supervisory teachers;
(2) In-service and continuing education programs for personnel of the STEM school;
(3) Curriculum services as provided to the client school districts of the service center;
(4) Research and development programs;
(5) Academic instruction for which the service center governing board employs teachers;
(6) Assistance in the provision of special accommodations and classes for students with disabilities.
Services described in division (B) of this section shall be provided to the STEM school in the same manner they are provided to client school districts of the service center, unless otherwise specified in the contract. The contract shall specify whether the service center will receive a per-pupil payment from the department of education for the provision of these services and, if so, the amount of the per-pupil payment.
(C) For each contract entered into under this section, the department shall deduct the amount owed by the STEM school from the state funds due to the STEM school under this chapter and shall pay that amount to the educational service center or joint vocational school district that is party to the contract.
(D) No contract entered into under this section shall be valid unless a copy is filed with the department by the first day of the school year for which the contract is in effect.
(E) As used in this section, "client school district" means a city, exempted village, or local school district that has entered into an agreement under section 3313.843 or 3313.845 of the Revised Code to receive any services from an educational service center.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2013 – House Bill 59 - 130th General Assembly [ View September 29, 2013 Version ]