Section 3333.0417 | Statewide educational plan for preventing hazing.
(A) As used in this section:
(1) "Hazing" and "organization" have the same meanings as in section 2903.31 of the Revised Code.
(2) "Institution of higher education" has the same meaning as in section 3345.19 of the Revised Code.
(B) The chancellor of higher education shall develop a statewide educational plan for preventing hazing at institutions of higher education. The plan shall include at least both of the following:
(1) A model anti-hazing policy that prohibits students enrolled in an institution of higher education, or other individuals associated with an organization recognized by or operating under the sanction of an institution, from engaging in hazing or a violation of section 2903.31 of the Revised Code. The model policy shall meet the requirements prescribed under division (B) of section 3345.19 of the Revised Code. The chancellor shall provide the model policy to each institution.
(2) Guidelines regarding anti-hazing education and training for all of the following:
(a) Students enrolled in an institution;
(b) Administrators, faculty members, and individuals employed by an institution;
(c) Organizations recognized by, or operating under the sanction of, an institution.
Last updated August 20, 2021 at 4:55 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- October 7, 2021 – Enacted by Senate Bill 126 - 134th General Assembly [ View October 7, 2021 Version ]