Section 3333.20 | Educational service standards for community colleges, university branches, technical colleges and state community colleges.
(A) The chancellor of the Ohio board of regents shall adopt educational service standards that shall apply to all community colleges, university branches, technical colleges, and state community colleges established under Chapters 3354., 3355., 3357., and 3358. of the Revised Code, respectively. These standards shall provide for such institutions to offer or demonstrate at least the following:
(1) An appropriate range of career or technical programs designed to prepare individuals for employment in specific careers at the technical or paraprofessional level;
(2) Commitment to an effective array of developmental education services providing opportunities for academic skill enhancement;
(3) Partnerships with industry, business, government, and labor for the retraining of the workforce and the economic development of the community;
(4) Noncredit continuing education opportunities;
(5) College transfer programs or the initial two years of a baccalaureate degree for students planning to transfer to institutions offering baccalaureate programs;
(6) Linkages with high schools to ensure that graduates are adequately prepared for post-secondary instruction;
(7) Student access provided according to a convenient schedule and program quality provided at an affordable price;
(8) That student fees charged by any institution are as low as possible, especially if the institution is being supported by a local tax levy;
(9) A high level of community involvement in the decision-making process in such critical areas as course delivery, range of services, fees and budgets, and administrative personnel.
(B) The chancellor shall consult with representatives of state-assisted colleges and universities, as defined in section 3333.041 of the Revised Code, in developing appropriate methods for achieving or maintaining the standards adopted pursuant to division (A) of this section.
(C) In considering institutions that are co-located, the chancellor shall apply the standards to them in two manners:
(1) As a whole entity;
(2) As separate entities, applying the standards separately to each.
When distributing any state funds among institutions based on the degree to which they meet the standards, the chancellor shall provide to institutions that are co-located the higher amount produced by the two judgments under divisions (C)(1) and (2) of this section.