Section 3333.66 | Scholarship amounts.
(A)(1) Except as provided in division (A)(2) of this section, in each academic year, no student who receives a choose Ohio first scholarship shall receive less than one thousand five hundred dollars or more than one-half of the highest in-state undergraduate instructional and general fees charged by all state universities. For this purpose, if Miami university is implementing the pilot tuition restructuring plan originally recognized in Am. Sub. H.B. 95 of the 125th general assembly, that university's instructional and general fees shall be considered to be the average full-time in-state undergraduate instructional and general fee amount after taking into account the Ohio resident and Ohio leader scholarships and any other credit provided to all Ohio residents.
(2) The chancellor may authorize a state university or college or a nonpublic Ohio institution of higher education to award a choose Ohio first scholarship in the amount of not less than five hundred dollars but not more than one-half of the highest in-state undergraduate instructional and general fees charged by all state universities to a student enrolled in a certificate program designated as an eligible program by the chancellor.
(3) A student receiving multiple awards under division (A) of this section may not exceed the maximum permitted amount for each individual award.
(B) The general assembly intends that money appropriated for the choose Ohio first scholarship program in each fiscal year be used for scholarships in the following academic year.
Last updated October 4, 2021 at 1:33 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2011 – House Bill 153, 129th General Assembly [ View September 29, 2011 Version ]
- September 29, 2015 – House Bill 64, 131st General Assembly [ View September 29, 2015 Version ]
- October 17, 2019 – Amended by House Bill 166, 133rd General Assembly [ View October 17, 2019 Version ]
- September 30, 2021 – Amended by House Bill 110, 134th General Assembly [ View September 30, 2021 Version ]