Section 3333.70 | Ohio higher education innovation grant program.
(A) The director of higher education shall establish and administer the Ohio higher education innovation grant program to promote educational excellence and economic efficiency throughout the state in order to stabilize or reduce student tuition rates at institutions of higher education. Under the program, the director shall award grants to state institutions of higher education, as defined in section 3345.011 of the Revised Code, and private nonprofit institutions for innovative projects that incorporate academic achievement and economic efficiencies. State institutions of higher education and private nonprofit institutions may apply for grants and initiate collaboration with other institutions of higher education, either public or private, on such projects.
(B) The director shall adopt rules to administer the program including, but not limited to, requirements that each grant application provides for all of the following:
(1) A system by which to measure academic achievement and reductions in expenditures, both in funding and administration;
(2) Demonstration of how the project will be sustained beyond the grant period and continue to provide substantial value and lasting impact;
(3) Proof of commitment from all parties responsible for the implementation of the project;
(4) Implementation of an ongoing evaluation process and improvement plans, as necessary.
(C) As used in this section, "private nonprofit institution" means a nonprofit institution in this state that has a certificate of authorization pursuant to Chapter 1713. of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2015 – Amended by House Bill 64, 131st General Assembly [ View September 29, 2015 Version ]