Section 3705.03 | State registrar is head of office of vital statistics - powers and duties.
(A) The director of health shall designate the state registrar, who shall head the office of vital statistics and do all of the following:
(1) Administer and enforce this chapter, the rules issued under this chapter, and the instructions of the director for the efficient administration of the system of vital statistics;
(2) Direct and supervise the system of vital statistics and be custodian of the vital records;
(3) Direct, supervise, and control the activities of all persons engaged in activities governed by this chapter;
(4) Conduct training programs to promote uniformity of policy and procedures throughout the state in matters pertaining to the system of vital statistics.
(B) To preserve vital records, the state registrar may prepare a typewritten, photographic, electronic, or other reproduction of certificates or reports in the office of vital statistics. These reproductions, when certified by the director or state registrar, shall be accepted as the original records. The documents from which the reproductions have been made and verified may be disposed of as provided by rules that shall be adopted by the director.
Available Versions of this Section
- March 16, 1989 – House Bill 790 - 117th General Assembly [ View March 16, 1989 Version ]