Section 3705.08 | Director shall prescribe forms.
(A) The director of health, by rule, shall prescribe the form of records and certificates required by this chapter. Records and certificates shall include the items and information prescribed by the director, including the items recommended by the national center for health statistics of the United States department of health and human services, subject to approval of and modification by the director.
(B) All birth certificates shall include a statement setting forth the names of the child's parents.
(C) All death certificates shall include, in the medical certification portion of the certificate, a space to indicate, if the deceased individual is female and the manner of death is determined to be a suspicious or violent death, whether any of the following conditions apply to the individual:
(1) Not pregnant within the past year;
(2) Pregnant at the time of death;
(3) Not pregnant, but had been pregnant within forty-two days prior to the time of death;
(4) Not pregnant, but had been pregnant within forty-three days to one year prior to the time of death;
(5) Unknown whether pregnant within the past year.
(D)(1) The director shall prescribe electronic methods and forms for obtaining registration of births, deaths, and other vital statistics in each registration district, and for preserving the records of the office of vital statistics, and no forms or blanks shall be used other than those prescribed by the director.
(2) All birth, fetal death, and death records and certificates shall be certified. Except as provided in division (G) of section 3705.09, section 3705.12, 3705.121, 3705.122, or 3705.124, division (D) of section 3705.15, or section 3705.16 of the Revised Code, a birth certificate requiring signature may be electronically certified by the person in charge of the institution or that person's designee. A death certificate may be electronically certified by the individual who attests to the facts of death.
(3) All vital records shall contain the date received for filing.
(4) Information and signatures required in certificates, records, or reports authorized by this chapter may be filed and registered by photographic, electronic, or other means as prescribed by the director.
Available Versions of this Section
- April 15, 2005 – House Bill 257, 125th General Assembly [ View April 15, 2005 Version ]
- March 20, 2015 – Senate Bill 23, 130th General Assembly [ View March 20, 2015 Version ]
- September 29, 2015 – House Bill 64, 131st General Assembly [ View September 29, 2015 Version ]
- September 29, 2017 – Amended by House Bill 49, 132nd General Assembly [ View September 29, 2017 Version ]