Section 3710.07 | Contractor's duties prior to engaging in project.
(A) Prior to engaging in any asbestos hazard abatement project, an asbestos hazard abatement contractor shall do all of the following:
(1) Prepare a written respiratory protection program as defined by the director of environmental protection pursuant to rule, and make the program available to the environmental protection agency, and workers at the job site if the contractor is a public entity or prepare a written respiratory protection program, consistent with 29 C.F.R. 1910.134 and make the program available to the agency, and workers at the job site if the contractor is a business entity;
(2) Ensure that each worker who will be involved in any asbestos hazard abatement project has been examined within the preceding year and has been declared by a physician to be physically capable of working while wearing a respirator;
(3) Ensure that each of the contractor's employees or agents who will come in contact with asbestos-containing materials or will be responsible for an asbestos hazard abatement project receives the appropriate certification or licensure required by this chapter and the following training:
(a) An initial course approved by the agency pursuant to section 3710.10 of the Revised Code, completed before engaging in any asbestos hazard abatement project; and
(b) An annual review course approved by the agency pursuant to section 3710.10 of the Revised Code.
(B) After obtaining or renewing a license, an asbestos hazard abatement contractor shall notify the agency, on a form approved by the director, at least ten days before beginning each asbestos hazard abatement project conducted during the term of the contractor's license.
(C) In addition to any other fee imposed under this chapter, an asbestos hazard abatement contractor shall pay, at the time of providing notice under division (B) of this section, the agency a fee of sixty-five dollars for each asbestos hazard abatement project conducted.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 10, 2012 – House Bill 487 - 129th General Assembly [ View September 10, 2012 Version ]
- January 1, 2018 – Amended by House Bill 49 - 132nd General Assembly [ View January 1, 2018 Version ]
- October 17, 2019 – Amended by House Bill 166 - 133rd General Assembly [ View October 17, 2019 Version ]