Section 3719.41 | Controlled substance schedules.
(A) For purposes of administration, enforcement, and regulation of the manufacture, distribution, dispensing, and possession of controlled substances, the state board of pharmacy shall adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code establishing schedule I, schedule II, schedule III, schedule IV, and schedule V incorporating the five schedules of controlled substances under the federal drug abuse control laws.
The board may include in the schedules any compound, mixture, preparation, or substance that was included in the schedules immediately prior to March 22, 2020, as long as the inclusion does not have the effect of providing less stringent control of the compound, mixture, preparation, or substance than is provided under the federal drug abuse control laws or regulations adopted under those laws.
(B) Except as provided in section 3719.45 of the Revised Code, the board periodically shall update the schedules by rule adopted in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code to correspond to any change in the federal drug abuse control laws or regulations adopted under those laws, any addition, transfer, or removal by congress or the attorney general of the United States as described in section 3719.43 of the Revised Code, and any addition, transfer, or removal by the board by rule adopted under section 3719.44 of the Revised Code.
(C) Notwithstanding divisions (A) and (B) of this section, the board shall not adopt rules including hemp or a hemp product in a schedule as a controlled substance.
(D) As used in this section, "hemp" and "hemp product" have the same meanings as in section 928.01 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- July 10, 2014 – House Bill 315 - 130th General Assembly [ View July 10, 2014 Version ]
- October 31, 2018 – Amended by Senate Bill 1 - 132nd General Assembly [ View October 31, 2018 Version ]
- March 22, 2019 – Amended by Senate Bill 229 - 132nd General Assembly [ View March 22, 2019 Version ]
- July 30, 2019 – Amended by Senate Bill 57 - 133rd General Assembly [ View July 30, 2019 Version ]
- March 22, 2020 – Amended by Senate Bill 57 - 133rd General Assembly [ View March 22, 2020 Version ]