Section 3734.901 | Tire fee administrative fund.
(A)(1) For the purpose of providing revenue to defray the cost of administering and enforcing the scrap tire provisions of this chapter, rules adopted under those provisions, and terms and conditions of orders, variances, and licenses issued under those provisions; to abate accumulations of scrap tires; to make grants supporting market development activities for scrap tires and synthetic rubber from tire manufacturing processes and tire recycling processes and to support scrap tire amnesty and cleanup events; to make loans to promote the recycling or recovery of energy from scrap tires; and to defray the costs of administering and enforcing sections 3734.90 to 3734.9014 of the Revised Code, a fee of fifty cents per tire is hereby levied on the sale of tires. The proceeds of the fee shall be deposited in the state treasury to the credit of the scrap tire management fund created in section 3734.82 of the Revised Code. The fee is levied from the first day of the calendar month that begins next after thirty days from October 29, 1993, through June 30, 2024.
(2) Beginning on July 1, 2011, and ending on June 30, 2024, there is hereby levied an additional fee of fifty cents per tire on the sale of tires the proceeds of which shall be deposited in the state treasury to the credit of the soil and water conservation district assistance fund created in section 940.15 of the Revised Code.
(B) Only one sale of the same article shall be used in computing the amount of the fee due.
Last updated August 19, 2021 at 3:56 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- June 30, 2013 – House Bill 59, 130th General Assembly [ View June 30, 2013 Version ]
- September 29, 2015 – House Bill 64, 131st General Assembly [ View September 29, 2015 Version ]
- September 29, 2017 – Amended by House Bill 49, 132nd General Assembly [ View September 29, 2017 Version ]
- October 17, 2019 – Amended by House Bill 166, 133rd General Assembly [ View October 17, 2019 Version ]
- September 30, 2021 – Amended by House Bill 110, 134th General Assembly [ View September 30, 2021 Version ]