Section 3905.47 | Agent training programs.
(A)(1) No agent shall sell, solicit, or negotiate insurance through an exchange, or enroll or offer to enroll a person in a health benefit plan offered through an exchange, on or after October 1, 2013, without first completing a training program either required by an exchange or approved by the superintendent of insurance in accordance with division (B) of this section.
(2) If an exchange does not require the completion of a training program pursuant to division (A)(1) of this section, the superintendent shall establish such a program.
(B) The superintendent shall approve courses to be used for compliance with division (A) of this section and shall approve courses established by an exchange, provided that the courses are in accordance with section 3905.484 of the Revised Code. Any course the superintendent approves shall consist of topics related to insurance offered within an exchange, including all of the following:
(1) The levels of coverage provided in an exchange;
(2) The eligibility requirements for individuals to purchase insurance through an exchange;
(3) The eligibility requirements for employers to make insurance available to their employees through a small business health options program;
(4) Individual eligibility requirements for medicaid;
(5) The use of enrollment forms used in an exchange;
(6) Any other topics as required by the superintendent.
(C) Agents that complete the training program required under division (A) of this section shall receive continuing education course credit under sections 3905.481 to 3905.486 of the Revised Code. All such credit shall count toward satisfying the continuing education requirement in section 3905.481 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- July 30, 2013 – House Bill 3, 130th General Assembly [ View July 30, 2013 Version ]